Monday, September 10, 2012

RETHINKING STRATEGY


rishadt.wordpress.com


Welcome to a brand new week and day; another opportunity to grow and nurture our dreams that we have received from the most high God.  Today I thought we should visit a word I am not particularly fond of; STRATEGY!

I personally am not a fan of the word strategy, and the reason for me is simple; a lot of us don't take the time to think through what strategy should be.  I find that most of those strategies are not as original and organic as I personally will like. Instead they seem to be opportunities people use to find a way to ape what others are doing to succeed without taking into consideration the peculiarity of who they are.

This last week however, I chanced upon a definition of STRATEGY that I like and based on that definition, I have put together a few points you may want to consider before your next strategy session.  But first the definition:

Strategy is using what I have, to create what others need to get what I want. For me this is the best definition I have heard of the word so far.  It quickly allowed me to ask myself ‘What do I have that I can convert to what others need, to produce or get what I want?

To find an answer, we need to go back to basics to investigate who we truly are, based on which we can begin to formulate plans that are organic to us in moving forward.

 Points to ponder

1.  What story do I want to tell?

2.  What do I have - talents, skills, resources...?

3.  What do others need around me that what I have may be able to meet?

4.  How do I convert what I have to what others need?

5.  What do I want from others?

6.  How do I use what I have converted my resource to, to get what I want?

7.  At the end of this exercise, is my story still the same or has something changed? 

8.  If something changed, do I like the new story?

9. If not, what did I miss?

Whether you are just embarking on the journey to dream land or you have been on it for a while, I hope you find this helpful.  No matter what, my confidence is and will always be that as long as you commit to this journey even when it is taking longer than you anticipated, you will make it NeverTheLess.

Yes you will, I promise.

Hugs

Sistar B

No comments:

Post a Comment